Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

So I lied, I was wiped on friday so I didn't post up my work nor did I post any sentences over the weekend. I am an absolute failure at following up on my statements. So today I get to play catch up. Below we will have four sentences, and later today I will post the next section of Dusdane's Tale.

Sometimes, no matter how hard he tried, he always had a fish in his pocket.

He looked out of the window and sighed; the reflections from the other buildings were a lie.

The sword is an extension of the soul.

As the air seeped out of his lungs he only heard the words of his instructor saying, "do the stupid technique!"

3 comments:

Noteworthy said...

So are you going to use these sentences in anything, or are they just exercises? Because i think it'd be interested if you gathered some of them and put them together. It'd be like a crazy mad lib type writing thingamajig.

WordsOfDaedalus said...

Right now, it is just an exercise. I have no plan for them, except that if I come up with a good metaphor or analogy I will probably use it in another piece. I suppose mixing up all the disjointed sentences would be a great way to put together some kind of postmodern piece, but then I hate postmodernism.

Noteworthy said...

Haha, i hate postmodernism too. But a couple of those exercises i did where you put together disjointed sentences sparked something, and i was able to create something cohesive out of them.